Working with Editorial
Our writers and editors are always looking for story ideas as well as experts and educators who can be sources for our articles. We also want to hear how colleges and universities are using various solutions to improve the learning environment and enhance operational efficiencies. Here are several ways to get involved with our editorial department:
Sources for Stories
- Visit our Sources for Stories page to find the story for which we are currently seeking sources.
- Monitor our Editorial Calendar to see what we'll be covering in the months ahead. To offer expertise or suggest campus administrator sources for a particular story, contact the editor at least three to four months prior to the issue date. We often contact providers related to a particular feature topic to contribute a thought leadership response to a particular question, with responses published online in an "Industry Insight" side story. Note: It is never too early to express interest in assisting with a scheduled feature.
- Submit press releases to be included in the Industry News section of our daily email newsletter and Industry News roundup in our print magazine's news section. Your press release will be sent to a queue that is monitored daily by the editorial team.
- Note that we only publish releases mentioning higher education applications or a higher ed clients. We are unable to use more generic press releases, even when they cover an area that we know to be applicable to higher ed, so you might consider personalizing the press release to directly include our audience. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include a company website in your press release.
- We do not accept embargoed press releases; please only send releases that are authorized for immediate publication. You may also post your press releases on our Press Release Portal. (The Press Release Portal is a fee-based service. For subscription inquiries contact a UB sales representative.)
Campus Construction News
- UB's Inside Look series takes readers inside the most innovative and eye-appealing spaces within college and university facilities. Visit our Inside Look page to view the current call for nominations as well as see past features in this series. For a look at what buildings will be featured in upcoming issues this year, view our Editorial Calendar.
- Our other regular feature for campus construction is the Building Stories article each month in our news section; in alternating issues, Building Stories covers either a brand new campus building (from the angle of what problem or challenge the building solves for the institution) or a roundup of campus building projects that have just had groundbreakings. To pitch a Building Stories idea, contact Associate Editor Steven Blackburn.
- The weekly Construction Watch section of UB Daily includes news items of interest to our readers; submit press releases to email@example.com.
- Review our guidelines for column submissions. Note that we can not guarantee publication of an op-ed in a particular month.
- For more information on custom media/content marketing—including opportunities for providing thought leadership content or having case studies showcased in UB—visit our advertising information page or contact your sales representative. We do not publish product/service case studies as editorial.