Take an Inside Look: Campus Museums and Galleries
University Business editors are seeking nominations for inclusion in the feature “Inside Look: Campus Museums and Galleries,” to be published in print and online in March 2018. Our “Inside Look” features take you inside the most innovative and eye-appealing spaces within college and university facilities.
To nominate the interior of a recently built or renovated museum or gallery space on your campus, fill out the below form (available by November 17). Be prepared to highlight trends in campus museum and gallery space design are reflected in the nomination, as well as to include the names and locations of any outside firms whose work contributed to the interior of the facility shown in the images being submitted (architectural or interior design firm, equipment providers, furniture companies, etc.).
Selections will be made based on how the space reflects current and emerging trends in design and use of campus museums; how the space highlights the mission, values, history and traditions of the institution; and visual appeal. Examples of trends may be having a great hall or other event space, having a highly designed space with artistic details, having flexible gallery space, technology investment (as part of exhibits, for donor recognition, or for events), or having an on-site restaurant or retail space.
Consider sending one image that hones in on a particular feature that highlights an innovation or trend. Note that we generally do not include exterior images, as this series focuses on interiors.
Any questions can be directed to Steven Wyman-Blackburn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Other Inside Look Features:
- Inside Look: Presidents' Residences
- Inside Look: Campus Chapels (March 2017)
- Inside Look: College Stadiums (September 2016)
- Inside Look: Alumni Houses (March 2016)
- Inside Look: Campus Hospitality Centers (December 2015)
- Inside Look: Sustainable Campus Buildings (September 2015)
- Inside Look: Health and Wellness Centers (June 2015)
- Inside Look: Business Schools (February 2015)
- Inside Look: Recreation Centers (December 2014)
- Inside Look: Campus Retail (September 2014)
- Inside Look: Science Centers (May 2014)
- Inside Look: Performance Spaces (February 2014)
- Inside Look: Libraries (November 2013)
- Inside Look: Welcome Centers (September 2013)
- Inside Look: Student Centers (May 2013)
- Inside Look: Learning Spaces (February 2013)
- Inside Look: Residence Halls (November 2012)
Inside Look: Campus Museums and Galleries
Submission Deadline: Friday, December 15, 2017
Publication: March 2018, in print and online (some selected images may appear online only)