SIIA to Hold Education Business Forum Dec 9-10 in New York
Washington, DC (Nov. 4, 2014) – The Software and Information Industry Association (SIIA), the principal trade association for the software and digital content industries, today announced that it will hold the Education Business Forum (EBF), the leading business and finance conference for the K-12 and postsecondary education technology markets, Dec. 9-10 at McGraw-Hill Conference Center in New York City.
The annual conference will bring together senior management teams of education software companies, platform technology firms, financial analysts, solution providers and distributors, publishers, financial analysts, private equity firms, and venture capitalists. Participants will discuss new business models and how to leverage shifts in the digital learning space, in addition to sharing knowledge about new markets, growth in financial investment, and new paths to revenue.
For the first time, the conference starts earlier for Game-Changing Market Opportunity sessions. These new sessions are designed to facilitate lively, strategic discussion among participants. Industry experts will start the session with an overview, share crucial market information, and then guide a discussion and answer questions.
Game-Changing Market Opportunities:
- Leveraging the Special Ed Market with Products You Already Have
- Trends in the Higher Ed Space
- Latest Info on Government Funding
- Development Strategies for a Mobile and Global World
- How Customers are Finding and Purchasing Ed Tech Products
- Leveraging Social Media to Stay Competitive
- How and Where Do We Compete in a Growing Global Market?
- Key Transformations in the Education Sector that can be Opportunities or Challenges!
- Developing for the Growing Mobile Technology and Especially... the Mobile Customer
Interactive Sessions that focus on Customers, Providers and Funding:
- Facing Student Data Security and Privacy Issues
- Budgeting Strategies Before - and After - the Investment
- Growing from Innovator to a Successful Company
- Using Technical Standards to Grow Your Business
- Finding Global Customers
- Growing Through Partnerships and Acquisitions
- Growing Through Effective Marketing Strategies and Tactics
The Education Business Forum will also feature:
- Innovation Incubator. SIIA’s Innovation Incubator program identifies and supports entrepreneurs in the development and distribution of innovative learning technologies. The program began in 2006, and has provided mentorship for dozens of successful products and companies in their efforts to improve education through the use of software, digital content, and related technologies.
- One-to-One Business Connections. One-to-One Business Connections meetings will be scheduled during designated times throughout the conference by SIIA staff, with the support of its partner Educational Systemics. SIIA will select companies to meet with participants based on the preferences they described in their respective surveys. These fast-paced exchanges will help pave the way for increased capital, revenue, and strategic alliances between participants.
For more information or to register for the conference, members of the media should contact Saul Hafenbredl, C. Blohm & Associates,email@example.com . Online registration is also available at the Education Business Forum Media Center.
WHO: Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA)
WHAT: Education Business Forum
WHEN: Dec. 9-10, 2014
WHERE: The McGraw-Hill Conference Center, New York City
For a complete schedule of events, visit: http://www.siia.net/ebf/2014/schedule.asp.
The Software & Information Industry Association (SIIA) is the principal trade association for the software and digital content industry. SIIA provides global services in government relations, business development, corporate education, and intellectual property protection to more than 800 leading software and information companies. The SIIA Education Division serves and represents more than 180 member companies that provide software, digital content, and other technologies that address educational needs. The Division shapes and supports the industry by providing leadership, advocacy, business development opportunities, and critical market information. For more information, visit www.siia.net/education.