Ed Tech Industry Network of SIIA Announces New Board of Directors
WASHINGTON (Dec. 16, 2015) – The Education Technology Industry Network (ETIN) of SIIA, the principal trade association representing the software and digital content industries, announces the new members of its ETIN Board of Directors. These newly elected and appointed executives from SIIA member companies represent a broad spectrum of corporate interests, and their visionary leadership will help guide the education technology companies during this time of industry change.
As board members, these individuals represent more than 200 ETIN member firms that provide educational software applications, digital content, online learning services and related technologies across the K-20 sector. The new board members will help develop initiatives and determine the projects, activities and events for ETIN in 2016 and beyond.
“ETIN views this board election as phenomenally successful because it drew nominees from the industry’s key leadership, resulting in a board that will build immensely on our past successes while contributing in new ways,” said Karen Billings, ETIN vice president and managing director.
ETIN board co-chairs Adam Hall, Nervanix, and Edie Perkins, Scholastic Inc., agreed with Billings, adding, “We know these new members will provide the key leadership that every association needs – and we’re excited they will work with us in 2016 and help SIIA thrive in advancing our industry’s interests.”
Newly elected members with two year terms are:
- Katie Gilligan, VP/GM Professional Solutions, Texthelp Inc.
- Chad Johnson, Managing Director, Cherry Tree & Associates, LLC
- Gail Lewis, Director of Product Strategy, myON (part of Capstone)
- Heath Morrison, SVP, Government Affairs, McGraw-Hill Education
- Lisa Schmucki, Founder and CEO, edWeb.net
- Stephanie Weeks, VP, K-12 Strategy, Blackboard Inc.
- Joyce Whitby, Vice President, Sales, SchoolMessenger
Newly appointed board members are:
- Cliff Green, VP Education and Strategic Partnerships, Learning.com
- Benjamin (Benj) Heuston, President, Waterford institute
- Andrew Matorin, SVP, Corporate Development, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Christopher Porter, Managing Director, K12 Learning Services Sales, Pearson NA
- David Yaskin, SVP, Student Success, Hobsons
Serving another year on the ETIN Board are:
- Christopher Lohse, VP, Strategic Partnerships, Renaissance Learning
- Lindsay Miller, Business Development Manager, Intel Corporation Education Group
- Edie Perkins, VP International Product Development, Scholastic Inc.
- Jim Ruddy, Vice President Business Development, Learnosity
- Tom Schenck, former President, Follett School Solutions
- Eileen Shihadeh, Vice President, Marketing and Product Management, Compass Learning
- Matt Strain, Director Strategy, Worldwide Education, Adobe Systems
- Mitch Weisburgh, Managing Director, Academic Business Advisors
- Cathy Zier, SVP Global Alliances, Promethean
ETIN would like to extend a very special thanks to the Board Members who have served this past year and have finished their term of office:
- Adam Hall, President and CEO, Nervanix, Inc
- Jeff Livingston, Former SVP, Education Policy and Strategic Alliances, McGraw-Hill Education
- Paula Maylahn, Consultant, Paula Maylahn Consulting
- Nicole Melander, former Senior VP, Digital Strategy and Chief Customer Officer, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
- Randy Wilhelm, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder, Knovation
ETIN (the Education Technology Industry Network of SIIA) is the leading voice for 200+ companies that provide software applications, digital content, online learning services and related technologies across the PK-20 sector. ETIN drives growth and innovation within the industry by providing leadership, advocacy, business development opportunities, government relations and critical ed tech market information. For more information, visit siia.net/etin.
SIIA Communications Contact: Allison Bostrom, (202) 289-7442, email@example.com
PR Contact: Lauren West, C. Blohm & Associates, (608) 216-7300, firstname.lastname@example.org