- Yale University (Conn.) President Richard C. Levin will step down at the end of this academic year. During his 20-year tenure, he advanced Yale’s schools and academic programs, particularly strengthening science, engineering, and medicine at the university. He oversaw the largest buildingand renovation program on campus since the 1930s, built partnerships with the city of New Haven, and also expanded Yale’s international activities. Levin has led Yale longer than any other president currently in the Ivy League or the 61-member Association of American Universities.
- Also retiring at the end of the 2012-13 academic year are David Caruso, who has served as president of Antioch University New England (N.H.) for the past six years; University of West Georgia President Beheruz N. Sethna, who served for 19 years; and Southwestern University (Texas) President Jake B. Schrum, who has led since 2000.
- American University (D.C.) has named Carola Weil to be the inaugural dean of its School of Professional Extended Studies, formerly the Washington Professional Development program. She assumed the position September 17.
- As of July, Michael Brown and Alison Roberts are Deputy CIOs for the University of Maryland’s Division of Information Technology. Brown is the Deputy CIO of Enterprise Software Engineering, and Robinson is Deputy CIO of Support and Enablement.
- Michael Monticino is now leading the University of North Texas’ fundraising efforts as interim VP for advancement and director of development of the UNT Foundation, effective August 8.
- As of August 15, David W. Dodd is vice president for information technology and chief financial officer at Stevens Institute of Technology (N.J.).
- Mary McRae is the new VP for advancement at Arcadia University (Pa.). She will lead business development, alumni, and fundraising operations.
UBTech 2017 Call for Speakers
Enhance your leadership influence by presenting at UBTech 2017, the biggest week in higher ed AV, IT, and Institutional Success. The UBTech program team is accepting proposal submissions in the following categories:
- Active Classroom
- AV Integration
- Campus IT
- Institutional Success
- Instructional Technology
- Policy and Practice
For more information and helpful tips on submitting high-quality proposals, visit the UBTech Speakers Portal.