Shopping cart tools are only an enhancement to an institution’s website when they enhance, rather than inhibit, the donor’s experience. Here are nine questions the project team can ask to ensure that the giving transaction is a positive one.
- Is the site’s functionality intuitive?
- How many clicks does it take to get to and through the transaction?
- Is the transaction form simple, with only questions that are necessary to complete it?
- Is there a link to the donation form from our institution’s homepage?
- Is the site responsive so that donors can give via their phone or tablet?
- Can donors looking to give quickly choose an unrestricted gift?
- Are there both broad and highly specific gift choices?
- Can donors click for more information about a fund right from the form page?
- Can a previous donor log in for a prepopulated transaction form and to download donation information for tax purposes?
UBTech 2017 Call for Speakers
Enhance your leadership influence by presenting at UBTech 2017, the biggest week in higher ed AV, IT, and Institutional Success. The UBTech program team is accepting proposal submissions in the following categories:
- Active Classroom
- AV Integration
- Campus IT
- Institutional Success
- Instructional Technology
- Policy and Practice
For more information and helpful tips on submitting high-quality proposals, visit the UBTech Speakers Portal.