Keys to making outdoor wireless work
- Hire a Wi-Fi integrator to assess your needs.
- Think about the needs of everyone on campus (not just students).
- Determine a level of performance that can support the busiest times of day.
- Don’t scrimp on access points (APs) or other hardware.
- Place outdoor APs under building overhangs to minimize the chance for damage.
- Place APs in thin-walled buildings if outdoor APs are too costly.
- For optimal Wi-Fi strength, avoid bridging unless necessary.
- Know the device limitation of your WLAN controller.
- Consider selling user analytics to offset monthly Wi-Fi costs.
- Form a plan for temporary events that would otherwise put a strain on your Wi-Fi.
- Provide universal access, if possible.
UBTech 2017 Early Bird Registration
Amplify success at your university by learning new strategies for implementing technology on campus.
Attend UBTech, June 12-14, and bring your campus leadership team to maximize your conference value.
The UBTech program focuses on the following topic areas:
- Active Classroom
- AV Integration
- Campus IT
- Institutional Success
- Instructional Technology
Early Bird Registration is Now Open! Learn More>>