5 rules to remember for purposeful social media
1. “It’s not just building the network. You need the support as well. It’s a campuswide effort.” —Eric Maguire, Ithaca College
2. “You can’t use sarcasm or be funny in a text. You have to think about who is reading it. Inside jokes don’t work publicly.” —Beverly Low, Colgate University
3. “Allow room for spontaneous posts to happen each week, since the essence of social media is fluidity.” —Molly Israel, Ithaca College
4. “Even with the most effective private communities, maintenance of public platforms will always be necessary on some level. With surpassing 1 billion users, Facebook in particular is a no-brainer when it comes to ‘traditional’ social media outreach, simply because it houses the low-lying fruit of social media users.” — Corie Martin, Western Kentucky University
5. “Take suggestions from students and implement them, no matter how small. When students know you are listening and taking action, your relationship with them grows stronger and in turn makes them want to stick around. —Corie Martin
UBTech 2017 Early Bird Registration
Amplify success at your university by learning new strategies for implementing technology on campus.
Attend UBTech, June 12-14, and bring your campus leadership team to maximize your conference value.
The UBTech program focuses on the following topic areas:
- Active Classroom
- AV Integration
- Campus IT
- Institutional Success
- Instructional Technology
Early Bird Registration is Now Open! Learn More>>