Working with Editorial
Our writers and editors are always looking for story ideas as well as experts and educators who can be sources for our articles. We also want to hear how colleges and universities are using various products to improve the learning environment and enhance operational efficiencies. Here are several ways to get involved with our editorial department:
Sources for Stories
- Visit our Sources for Stories page to find the story for which we are currently seeking sources. Or, register as an expert source in our Source Database.
- Monitor our Editorial Calendar to see what we'll be covering in the months ahead. To offer expertise or suggest sources for a particular story, contact the editor three to four months prior to the issue date.
- Submit press releases to be included in the Industry News section of our daily email newsletter. Your press release will be sent to a queue that is monitored throughout the day by the editorial team. There is no need to simultaneously submit press releases to individual editors. Send press releases to email@example.com. Please be sure to include a company website in your press release. We do not accept embargoed press releases; please only send releases that are authorized for immediate publication. You may also post your press releases on our Press Release Portal. (The Press Release Portal is a fee-based service. For subscription inquiries contact a UB sales representative.)
- Readers can nominate products that have made a positive impact on their institutions. Visit the Top Products page for more information.
Models of Excellence
- Our Models of Excellence program recognizes colleges and universities for their student success initiatives three times per year; institutions can apply via the Models of Excellence program website.
Campus Construction News
- UB's Inside Look series takes readers inside the most innovative and eye-appealing spaces within college and university facilities. Visit our Inside Look page to view the current call for nominations as well as see past features in this series. Building types we have covered include residence halls, learning spaces, student centers, welcome centers, libraries, and performance spaces. For a look at what buildings will be featured in upcoming issues this year, view our Editorial Calendar. Our other regular feature for campus construction is the Sense of Place article each month in our news section; search "Sense of Place" from our home page for examples of this coverage and to view its format before pitching an idea. The weekly Construction Watch section of UB Daily includes news items of interest to our readers; submit press releases to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Review our guidelines for column submissions.