Our writers and editors are always looking for story ideas as well as experts and educators who can be sources for our articles. We also want to hear how colleges and universities are using various products to improve the learning environment and enhance operational efficiencies. Here are several ways to get involved with our editorial department:
Sources for Stories
- Submit press releases to be included in the Industry News section of our daily email newsletter. Your press release will be sent to a queue that is monitored throughout the day by the editorial team. There is no need to simultaneously submit press releases to individual editors. Please be sure to include a company website in your press release. You may also post your press releases on our Press Release Portal. (The Press Release Portal is a fee-based service.)
- Readers can nominate products that have made a positive impact on their institutions. Vote for hardware, software, books and materials, websites and facilities products at our Top Products page. The deadline is Oct. 1, 2014.
Models of Efficiency
- University Business is accepting applications for our national recognition program that showcases colleges and universities whose business savvy and technological expertise create the most innovative, effective, and successful solutions for their students, faculty, and campus communities. Apply at our Models of Efficiency page by September 1 for the Winter 2014 Program.
- UB's Inside Look series takes readers inside the most innovative and eye-appealing spaces within college and university facilities. Visit our Inside Look page to view the current call for nominations as well as see past features in this series. Building types we have covered include residence halls, learning spaces, student centers, welcome centers, libraries, and performance spaces. For a look at what buildings will be featured in upcoming issues this year, view our Editorial Calendar. Our other regular feature for campus construction is the Sense of Place article each month in our news section; search "Sense of Place" from our home page for examples of this coverage and to view its format.
- To review our guidelines for column submissions, click here.