While Rutgers Board of Governors chairman Ralph Izzo acknowledged another high-ranking official besides former athletics director Tim Pernetti watched the infamous Mike Rice men’s basketball practice video prior to recommending a suspension, new questions emerged as to whether the person believed to have recommended against firing Rice in December is still employed by the university.
John Wolf, who Rutgers President Robert L. Barchi said resigned from his position as interim senior vice president and general counsel last week, was reassigned to another role within the university, two sources with knowledge of that decision told New Jersey Press Media on Monday.
Wolf’s name remains atop the list of officers of Rutgers’ general counsel, according to the university’s official website. Rutgers’ official athletics website, ScarletKnights.com, removed Pernetti from its Director of Intercollegiate Athletics page after Pernetti accepted a lucrative buyout to resign by mutual agreement with the university.
An attempt to reach Wolf at his Kendall Park home was unsuccessful, with an unidentified woman saying “no comment” to a reporter Monday afternoon.
The university’s media relations department declined to respond to repeated inquiries as to whether Wolf was reassigned to another role.