Reports: Safety At Issue In U of Wisconsin Madison Electrician's Electrocution

Ann McClure's picture
Wednesday, November 2, 2011

A state investigation into the death of a UW-Madison employee electrocuted in July found the university had violated three safety codes, according to a report released to the State Journal on Tuesday.

But electrician Brad Krause, 40, of Sun Prairie, didn't properly isolate power or use the electrically insulated gloves he was provided, a UW-Madison investigation found.

Krause was killed while replacing and repairing lights in the ceiling above Mills Concert Hall in the Humanities building on July 26. 

Following Krause's death, the Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services and UW-Madison's Environment, Health and Safety Department conducted investigations. 

Read more »