Florida Coastal School of Law and campus card service provider CardSmith have announced plans to introduce the “Coastal Card,” a significant enhancement to the law school’s campus ID system.
“We are excited to be bringing this upgraded service to our campus community for the upcoming semester” said Damon Noisette, Coastal Law Applications Manager. “Our new Coastal Card is a significant upgrade in service and convenience for our students, parents, campus service providers and other stakeholders, and makes our campus operations more efficient.” Scheduled to go live in February 2013, the card will offer students, faculty and staff expanded access to a number of amenities including:
• Cashless access to campus facilities and services including the bookstore, dining venues, print and copy services, a self-service card kiosk, mobile payments, campus offices, and off campus merchants.
• Access to CardSmith’s growing Campus Cash network of more than 40 Jacksonville businesses that accept ID cards including Gate Petroleum, CVS Pharmacy, Sonny’s Bar- B-Q, Loop Pizza Grill, Chipotle Mexican Grill, Zaxby’s, and Applebee’s Town Center. (www.card-smith.com/campuscashjax)
• Web and mobile cardholder account access and value transfer service, optional parent account access, on-line reporting, on-line administrative access, and 24/7/365 monitoring.
• A discretionary spending account that is accepted campus-wide and off-campus.
• RapIDTrack and PocketTracker verification solutions to support essential campus access and tracking needs. This replaces a campus-hosted system previously utilized for ID card transaction services.
• A cloud-based transaction system, enabling Coastal Law to expand ID card services and capabilities without local systems or software or additional staff resources.
“We chose CardSmith because of their managed approach to technology and service as well as their expertise in building and transitioning card programs,” Noisette said. “Our students have been asking for a more robust off-campus merchant program and we are pleased to be delivering one.”
CardSmith President Jay Summerall said he was equally pleased to partner with the law school in helping it meet the growing needs of the students and their families, as well as the faculty and staff.
“CardSmith is very delighted to be doing business with Coastal Law,” Summerall said. “It’s also a great opportunity for us to work with another prestigious Jacksonville institution and integrate their card into our Campus Cash network. We’re very pleased to be growing rapidly in Florida, and this relationship certainly continues that trend”.
CardSmith is a campus card solutions company serving educational institutions, healthcare facilities, corporate campuses and other private label card issuers nationwide. We provide the market’s only managed cloud-based transaction solution and turn-key card program management service, delivering superior service and performance for less than 50% of the cost of proprietary campus card systems. For more information, visit www.card-smith.com
About Florida Coastal Law School:
Among Florida Coastal School of Law’s mission pillars is Serving the Underserved. Consistent with that mission, Coastal Law was recently named by The National Jurist as being among the top 15 law schools for Public Interest. Additionally, the school was the recipient of the 2011 Robert J. Beckham Equal Justice Award, an honor bestowed by Jacksonville Area Legal Aid. For more information about Florida Coastal School of Law and its programs, please visit the school’s website at www.fcsl.edu