We have an immediate need for a Financial Aid Manager for our Syracuse location.
Financial aid, federal regulations, state regulations, management experience
For over 100 years, we have been one of the most highly respected educational facilities in the country. We were founded to provide a practical education and real-world work experience to see you succeed.
This person will ensure that all matters relating to our financial aid department are in order and up to state and federal regulations. This is also a management role who will be responsible for all staff employee training, hiring, coaching and retention.
What you need for this position:
* 3+ years in a supervisory role
* 5+ years in a financial management role, preferably with financial aid
* Strong background and understanding of state and federal regulations as it relates to financial aid
* Associates degree, Bachelor's is a plus!
* Preliminary knowledge of SCT Banner
What you will be doing:
* Coordinate and manage all federal, state and system financial aid programs
* Oversee departmental policies and procedures to insure that the campus is in compliance with regulatory bodies including:
- United States Department of Education
- State Board of Regents
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
- Guarantee agencies
* Supervise Financial Aid staff including hiring/firing, training, coaching, performance evaluation, salary administration and planning
* Responsible for the timely processing and submission of all applications
* Ensure the student financial aid records are complete, organized and properly filed
* Review and submit student refund authorization in Banner
* Coordinate with the Business Office to ensure proper cash management procedures are adhered to
* Provide and prepare information for required federal, state and accrediting agency reports, ensuring timely submission and prepare documentation for regulatory audits
* Submit to third party services appropriate documentation for loan default management
What's in it for you?
* Excellent compensation and benefits package
* Opportunity to work with one of the country's leading educational facilities
So, if you have 3+ years in a Financial Aid management role... apply now!
Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer.