Chesapeake Tidewater CC Evacuated Due To Gas-Line Break

Ann McClure's picture
Wednesday, January 4, 2012

The campus of Tidewater Community College was evacuated this morning because of a natural gas line break.

Firefighters had shut down the area near the campus and a gas company secured the line, said Capt. Mike Thibeault, Fire Department spokesman.

The leak was reported about 8:20 a.m. after a gas main was severed during some work in the area. The line was secured shortly after 9 a.m.

Read more »