As higher education faculty and students rely more heavily on mobile devices for academic work, Chalk & Wire
Chalk & Wire users, including those logging in via one of Chalk & Wire’s Learning Management System (LMS) partners, can now work on their accreditation reporting, assessments, ePortfolio, fieldwork and performance analysis from any mobile platform.
Additionally, CoreValidity methods, which help institutions design sound and systematic assessment platforms, are now built directly into the software. This helps further drive alignment between faculty and leadership through a unified assessment language and raises inter-rater reliability of assessors earlier in the process.
“This latest release takes the key aspects of CoreValidity™ and embeds them into the heart of the Chalk & Wire software suite, helping institutions demonstrate student learning as a specific result of instruction,” said Geoff Irvine, CEO of Chalk & Wire. “Our assessment platform harnesses and adapts any learning outcome and automatically and transparently drives it down to the already planned evaluation of student competency. This helps to organically promote a common assessment language across campus for increased reliability and consistency.”
Other features include:
· A new rubric development tool to help automatically set up the basis for valid rubrics across campus/departments;
· Improvements to LMS integration that make it easier for faculty to collect both competency assessments as well as grades for an assignment at the same time;
· Natural workflows with simplified drag and drop additions for users building ePortfolios on small screens;
· Cloud storage access for Apple devices so that users can get to their synchronized files from anywhere;
· Enhanced support efforts with an advanced Help Overlay system;
· Unique enterprise interoperability with new support by both Banner and PeopleSoft; and
· Assurance of ADA compliance.
Chalk & Wire offers higher education institutions a comprehensive, campus-wide platform that includes ePortfolios, forms & surveys, assessment processes, analytics & live reporting and accreditation management.
For more, visit www.chalkandwire.com
About Chalk & Wire
With a market-changing, research-based approach to higher education assessment, Chalk & Wire has helped institutions demonstrate student competency and improve the evaluation of learning outcomes for nearly 20 years. To increase the validity of assessment data, Chalk & Wire’s market-leading assessment platform is built on its CoreValidity™ process, which drives alignment between faculty and leadership through a unified assessment language and raises inter-rater reliability earlier in the process. Chalk & Wire takes a consultative approach to helping institutions prove their value and efficacy as well as their ability to prepare students for their post-graduate pursuits. For more, visit www.chalkandwire.com