Director of Web Strategy
External Relations is currently seeking a Director of Web Strategy to serves as strategic planner and chief public relations officer for the unit. Manages budget, staff, vendor relationships and acts as account manager for mission critical web-based marketing initiatives.
* Serves as strategic planner and chief public relations officer for the unit. Manages budget, staff, vendor relationships and acts as account manager for mission critical web-based marketing initiatives.
* Oversees and directs the development and implementation of the University's website and interactive plan.
* Provides direction for the development and implementation of school/college, key units and other web sites and interactive plans. This involves management of a team of web strategists and web analysts focused on best practices in information architecture, site and landing page design, content development, search engine optimization, search engine marketing (including paid search, user research and site analytics), display, mobile, and other/new digital media strategies.
* Leads a team that plans, executes and manages all aspects of key programs and works cooperatively with marketing and communications staff, internal technology and outside vendors/partners as appropriate.
* Monitors and analyzes overall web and digital marketing performance to identify, prioritize and execute appropriately on opportunities for improvement in market effectiveness.
* Serves as a brand ambassador across the university to ensure the brand message is conveyed, integrated and established across all interactive areas.
* Works across departments to help establish the brand value proposition and work to convey, a distinctive, compelling brand message across multiple media to attract prospective students and constituents in support of building the FIU brand.
* Ensures that web and digital activities are based on solid brand strategy, positioning/value proposition development, claims development and messaging.
* Works with senior administration to assess trends in digital technology and adopt strategies that are in concert with the university’s strategic plan.
* Works with department faculty and staff, applying expertise to design, develop, test, deploy, and support digital platforms to facilitate university goals, individual department goals, and system integrity.
* Identifies and collaborates with departmental liaisons to enhance the overall content strategy.
* Consults with faculty and staff on digital solutions for teaching and other tasks.
* Reviews departmental digital platforms for required elements, content, format, and accuracy.
* Conducts and assists in organizing hands-on training for faculty, staff, and students on the use of online content development. Communicates relevant advances in web techniques, languages, and technology to faculty and staff.
* Communicates with third parties for applications and programs that will be used as part of the digital landscape for the university.
* Keeps abreast of current digital practices, pedagogy, and the use of web content management systems. Keeps abreast of advances in computing technology that may affect the use of digital technology at the university. Advises administration of possible initiatives that would benefit the University's digital presence.
* Manages a research and development budget and work with other university departments to bring new products online in a decentralized budget model.
* Be seen as an expert beyond FIU for digital challenges and opportunities in higher education.
Master's degree in an appropriate specialization and six years of experience; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate specialization and eight years of experience.
* 8+ years in a comparable role or involved with web development, with a very strong preference for similar experience in higher education. Extensive Web Development, management experience and user experience/web architecture. People Soft experience is a plus. Experience with streaming audio and visual is also helpful.
* Advanced knowledge of search engine optimization and web analytics. Demonstrated skills with content management systems and digital marketing campaign systems.
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, strong business acumen, interpersonal skills, ability to lead and integrate web strategies with the overall university marketing plan.
* Ability to work with internal resources to troubleshoot technical problems, logically and systematically.
* Ability to prioritize tasks and complete them in a timely manner.
Florida International University offers a variety of benefits including, but not limited to:
* A competitive relocation package
* Health Care Insurance – Medical/Dental/Vision
* Medical plans as low as $25 per paycheck
* Domestic Partner Stipends available
* Vacation - 4 weeks paid per year
* Sick leave
* Various retirement fund options
* Tuition assistance
Salary: Commensurate with experience
For further information or to apply online, visit our website at careers.fiu.edu reference Job Opening ID # 506290.
FIU is an EE/EO/EA Employer & Institution.