The Valued Customer Checklist
University Business, May 2013
Shopping cart tools are only an enhancement to an institution’s website when they enhance, rather than inhibit, the donor’s experience. Here are nine questions the project team can ask to ensure that the giving transaction is a positive one.
- Is the site’s functionality intuitive?
- How many clicks does it take to get to and through the transaction?
- Is the transaction form simple, with only questions that are necessary to complete it?
- Is there a link to the donation form from our institution’s homepage?
- Is the site responsive so that donors can give via their phone or tablet?
- Can donors looking to give quickly choose an unrestricted gift?
- Are there both broad and highly specific gift choices?
- Can donors click for more information about a fund right from the form page?
- Can a previous donor log in for a prepopulated transaction form and to download donation information for tax purposes?