- A. Clayton Spencer, vice president for policy at Harvard, has been named the eighth president of Bates College (Maine), effective July 1. Before spending the past 15 years at Harvard, Spencer served as chief education counsel in the U.S. Senate, working under Senator Edward M. Kennedy. She will succeed Nancy J. Cable, interim president since July 1, 2011.
- As of October, Kristin Rowe is assistant provost for advisement at Berkeley College. She will provide administrative leadership for academic advisement at all Berkeley College locations (New York, New Jersey, and online). Previously, Rowe served as campus operating officer for the college’s New York City locations.
- W. Ken Harmon is provost and vice president for academic affairs at Kennesaw State University (Ga.), effective Dec. 5, 2011. He had been serving in this position on an interim basis.
- James M. Danko, who became the 21st president of Butler University (Ind.) in August 2011, was inaugurated during a ceremony on Nov. 12, 2011.
- Likewise, Judith Huntington was officially inaugurated as the 13th president of The College of New Rochelle (N.Y.) on Oct. 14, 2011. She succeeded Stephen J. Sweeney, who had served as president since 1997.
- As of December, Jim Borsig is the 14th president of Mississippi University for Women. He is the first male to hold this position in more than 20 years.
- Katrina Rogers is provost at Fielding Graduate University (Calif.) as of Nov. 1, 2011.