On the Move
On the Move
- The Maine Community College System has lost an integral part of its community. Charles M. Lyons, president of York County Community College, 68, died of cancer August 22. He was president of YCCC from 2006 until the time of his death and previously served as president of the University of Maine at Augusta from 2001 to 2006 and president of the University of Maine at Fort Kent from 1996 to 2001. He was also vice chancellor of the University of Maine System for three years.
- Ivy Tech Community College (Ind.) has appointed Kathleen Lee as chancellor of the college’s Central Indiana Region, effective August 7. Andrew W. Bowne has been named chancellor of the college’s East Central Region, to begin October 8.
- As of September 1, Jianping Wang is vice president of academic affairs at Ocean County College (N.J.). She was previously the division dean of arts and humanities and associate dean of academic affairs at SUNY Westchester Community College (N.Y.). Wang has taught at Beijing University, Beijing Institute of Technology, Harvard Graduate School of Education, and SUNY Westchester.
- Mark Albertson has been appointed to the Green River Community College (Wash.) Board of Trustees, beginning October 1. He replaces Sherry Gates, who stepped down after two terms on the board.
- Ted D. Spring has been named the fifth president of Cape Fear Community College (N.C.) and will begin upon final approval from the N.C. State Board of Community Colleges. He will replace Eric B. McKeithan, who retired on June 30 after 18 years at CFCC. Frank Sells is serving as the college’s interim president until Spring begins his term.
- As of August 6, Michael Calvert is president of the Grand Island Campus of Central Community College (Neb.). He replaced Lynn Black, who retired after leading the college for the past seven years.